HFS provided professional project support services through subject matter experts (SMEs) in a variety of disciplines to support the Defense Health Agency-Facilities Enterprise (J8), formerly Air Force Medical Support Agency (AFMSA), Initial Outfitting Program. Each SME oversaw several healthcare facility projects simultaneously from seven Air Force bases across the country. The teams:
- Coordinated between project delivery teams and stakeholders
- Provided program/project management and comprehensive technical support
- Coordinated within a congressionally mandated design
- Participated in design reviews, charrettes, inspections, investigations, and transition
- During this project, HFS staff oversaw the planning, construction, transition and outfitting of over 30 medical facilities both in the Continental United States (CONUS) and outside the Continental United States (OCONUS).